Just like our clients, each vehicle, new or used is unique. That is why all our quotes require an obligation free inspection at our Campbelltown workshop. Call now to book your free vehicle inspection and quote.
WHAT BENEFITS DO CERAMIC COATING PROVIDE?
- Like wax, ceramic coating protects the paint from particles that may scratch or dull the finish. The difference, though, is that ceramic coatings last longer because of the polymer technology. It works as a semi-permanent bond rather than a simple protective film or top coat. Wax will last up to about 6 weeks, whereas, ceramic coating will last a long period of time and won’t need reapplying as often.
- Not only does the protection last a long time, but ceramic coatings, provide strong protection. How? Contaminants like rain, bird droppings and dust cannot penetrate this clear layer within a reasonable amount of time.This means that, unlike wax, ceramic coatings don’t act as a sacrificial layer that breaks down fairly quickly. Rather, this nanotechnology found in ceramic coatings, means that nano particles sink in and cross link with the paint increasing it’s resistance. This surface layer is hydrophobic (water-repellant) and also resistant to UV, chemicals and extreme heat.
As ceramic coatings create a hydrophobic layer, water easily slides off. This also means that mud and grime find it difficult to stick to the cars surface. Overall, this means that the maintenance and cleaning is much easier.
As this coating creates a surface which is resistant to chemicals, your car will be less prone to staining from any acidic contaminants.
- The nano ceramic coating not only repels dirt and water but it’s strength helps prevent minor scratches, swirls and other unwanted marks from appearing on your paintwork.
- As it is provides protection from UV rays, it reduces oxidisation that normally leaves the car’s paintwork looking dull and faded. So, ceramic coatings not only prevents the paint from damage, but it protects it’s glossy finish.
WHAT CERAMIC COATINGS DON'T DO
Although this coating protects the car from minor damage ie; swirls and scratches from contaminants, it will not prevent the danger of more significant damage such as; rock chips and other serious scratches. If you wash your car incorrectly (using a dirty wash mitt, or take it 4 wheel driving, the coating will scratch. It does not make the paintwork completely resistant to any damage.
- Despite it’s hydrophobic properties, ceramic coatings will not guarantee complete protection of water spotting. This property helps water slide of easily making the cleaning process easier, as mentioned earlier. However, water spotting is still possible if droplets are left to sit on the surface long enough.So yes, hydrophobic products help to protect the car longer and aid in the maintenance, but it does not completely stop water marks from appearing. Point is: Do not allow water spots to rest on the paint for a long time, regardless of whether your car has this coating or not. This also brings us to the next point…
- Ceramic coating does not remove the need to wash your car. Yes, it helps minimise the maintenance but with everyday use, your car is bound to get dirty and need a clean. This just means you won’t have to wax your car every few months but you will still enjoy the same, if not, better results with less work needed.
- Lasts a long time without needing frequent reapplication
- Provides strong protection against dirt, dust and grime
- UV, water, heat and chemical resistant
- Easier to clean and maintain
- Prevents minor damage like scratches, swirls and marring
- Protects the glossy paintwork
- Does not fully protect the car from all damages
- Will not guarantee complete protection from water spotting
- Does not remove the need to wash your car
Why choose modesta ceramic coating?
Modesta is the most exclusive automotive paint protection product line that is currently available on the market. Each bottle is made by hand by professional chemists in Kagawa, Japan with the greatest passion and care.
Worldwide they are known for the most advanced technology of paint protection and respected for their outstanding quality and customer care. Modesta’s products have been developed by leading Japanese scientists and are only available to our hand-selected detailing specialists through our worldwide distributor network.
A literal and measurable liquid glass ceramic coating is installed on your vehicles paintwork to form a clear and hard glass layer that bonds to your paint for up to 10 years, protecting your vehicle from dirt, heat, watermarks, oxidation, etchings and light scratches. Your vehicle also will be easier to keep clean whilst maintaining a ‘candy-like’ gloss appearance.
Modesta coatings are also the hardest to apply. Which is why there are only a few hand picked and trained Modesta installers in Australia.
Modesta manufacture coatings to protect your cars paintwork, wheels, calipers, glass, plastic, and leather surfaces.
Why have your paint protected by Modesta?
There are many options available on the paint protection market and sometimes it may be hard for you to choose between traditional waxes, polymer sealants and ceramic coatings.
A consultation with Fouad from A Buff & Beyond, Sydney is always recommended to help you select a protection technology that fits your individual needs. Not every detailing shop carries the Modesta brand. Only the most qualified industry experts will be able to offer you Modesta paint protection ceramic coatings.
Modesta ceramic coating benefits
Paint without protection
Bare and unprotected paint of your vehicle is exposed to intense elements of the environment which allows contaminates to deposit themselves directly onto your sensitive clear coat finish. The most common of these negative environmental elements are tar and asphalt from the roads, corrosion and oxidation caused by road salt in winter, industrial fallout, organic compounds and extremely hot brake dust particles that burn into the paint mainly around wheels.
Insects, although small, also pose a considerable risk to the finish of a vehicle as their bodies contain acids and organic compounds that can cause rapid deterioration of automotive paint.
Without any protection, scratches and other wear induced mechanical damage is caused directly on the clear coat itself. This category of damage affects every vehicle. Even if driven only occasionally and under favourable weather conditions, there will always be an abrasive element while driving, caused at least by the dust and dirt particles on the roads. Insects hit by the car are also a potent organic oxidizer that can eat through paint and cause severe damage if not handled by a professional. Higher speeds of course promote these kind of adverse elements.
Modesta paint protection
Products in the Modesta range create a hard, glass-like layer on the clear coat of your vehicle. This thick layer is composed of high grade silicium produced by a special chemical reaction at the time of the application. It acts as an incredible barrier, protecting the paint from all adverse affects of the environment.
No matter how hard the clear coat layer on your vehicle may be - Modesta adds hardness to it and the layer created will always be harder than the finish of your vehicle itself. This creates a long lasting resistance against common mechanical wear when properly cared for. Thanks to the layer thickness Modesta produces on the paint, it provides an owner with a “wear and tear” layer that performs far beyond what any wax or sealant can. Thus, the paint of your vehicle has the best protection possible and will retain it’s value longer.
A significant part of the protection our products deliver is the result of their outstanding self-cleaning and water behaviour properties. With Modesta the vehicle will stay clean for longer and will be considerably easier to wash when needed. Our products deliver protection lasting up to 10 years with proper maintenance.
Not all ceramic coatings are the same
Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation about ceramic and graphene coating paint protection. There are countless products in the market promising amazing performance, durability and life-time warranties. but the differing coating preparation methods, turn-around times and products used make it difficult to compare like-for-like accurately.
Over the years Fouad has tried and tested many ‘professional’ grade ceramic and graphene coatings in regards to durability and real-world performance claims. He is an accredited ceramic coating installer for GTechniq, Artdeshine, Ethos and more. But one ceramic glass coating stands in a league of its own – Modesta.
From around the world, Fouad joins only a handful of quality detailers which have been hand-picked by Modesta and trained to be an accredited installer of a paint protection system unlike any other on the market.
If you are seeking the highest quality coating for your vehicle, or want the best value for money, call Fouad to discuss which Modesta coating is best for you and your vehicle.
Why choose A Buff & Beyond
Choosing the right ceramic coating to protect your car is important, but more importantly is the process of application.
Purchasing a high quality exterior wall paint to paint a house with does not guarantee the paint will last when exposed to the environment. The key to ensure the paint bonds and stands up to the environment is the preparation of the wall before the paint is applied (by means of cleaning, priming, painting technique and curing).
Likewise, the importance of the vehicles surface preparation for the ceramic coating cannot be understated, and is the key factor that ensures your car’s ceramic coating will perform and last. This preparation stage is most often overlooked as it is labour intensive, time consuming and requires much patience. Fouad at A Buff & Beyond undertakes a painstaking and meticulous preparation process to ensure the ceramic coating on your car has bonded correctly and is cured with shortwave infrared lights before handover.
A Buff & Beyond services
Ceramic coating for cars
Ceramic coating for motorbikes
Not sure what service is right for you and your vehicle?
request a call back directly from fouad
Building relationships with my Clients is important. That is why all services include direct contact and discussion with Fouad about your vehicle, including maintenance training, product advice and support for years to come.